1. “Those who try to paint this as anti-Christian violence are deplorably engaging in whitewashing the truth of the matter to perpetuate a false narrative.” Towleroad has a roundup of LGBT groups’ responses to the Charleston church shooting.
2. This is rich. Two congressmen have introduced a bill that would prevent “discrimination” against those opposed to marriage equality. The bill already has 57 co-sponsors in the House, with 18 co-sponsors in the Senate.
3. The Daily Beast on the two actors who helped California police trap gay men into having sex in 1914.
4. The Advocate rounded up 15 depictions of marriage equality in entertainment, including “Golden Girls,” “Rosanne” and “Friends.”
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: The trailer for Robin Williams’ final dramatic film, “Boulevard,” in which he plays a closeted gay man who falls in love with a male prostitute.