1. “By retroactively stripping Plaintiffs’ marriages of legal recognition, the Governor has placed Plaintiffs and their families in an intolerable state of legal limbo that threatens their well-being, health, financial security, and family integrity, and denies their dignity as free and equal citizens.” The ACLU of Michigan is going to bat for eight same-sex couples who married before a judge’s decision overturning the state’s gay marriage ban was put on hold.
2. “News flash: Some people like their anonymity.” Robin Roberts has strong words for those who thought she should have come out earlier.
3. Check out these fascinating and beautiful photos from a gay rodeo exhibition that recently opened at an Indianapolis history museum.
4. An Ohio man gets 2 ½ years in prison for punching and threatening to slice off the genitals of his disabled younger brother because he “wanted to toughen him up to push the gay out of him and make him a normal person.”
5. “What if Dad had held out a little longer, if the drugs had been approved a little earlier, if time and the eventual softening of our culture would have softened him? Would he be meeting me for dinner in New York? Would I be flying to visit him in Louisville or Lexington with his middle-aged partner?” A journalist opens up for the first time about the gay father she never knew.
(photo via Parade)