1. “Mr. President, how can we help you evolve more quickly?” NY Times Magazine has a deep dive on how President Obama got to “I do” on gay marriage, adapted from the hotly anticipated book “Forcing the Spring: Inside the Fight for Marriage Equality” coming out April 22.
2. A Chicago man who called Sprint to report an error on his account received an email in return from the company addressed to “Sissyboy Kelvin Gay Matthews.” Spoiler alert: that is not his real name.
3. Ka-ching! How much would gay marriage be worth to Oregon’s economy? UCLA’s Williams Institute says $50 million in the first three years.
4. Out Magazine announces their 8th Annual Power 50.
5. Salon checks in with Lambda Legal’s Susan Sommer, co-counsel in the successful Ohio gay marriage case, to talk about judicial momentum, how Antonin Scalia’s “gay nightmare” has arrived, and where we go from here.
(photo via NY Times Magazine)