1. Congrats to Jodie Foster, who married her girlfriend Alexandra Hedison over the weekend! Foster and Hedison had been dating for about a year.
2. A report on the first day of oral arguments in Oregon’s marriage equality case, which is unusual in that the state is not defending the gay marriage ban, leaving the judge (who happens to be openly gay) to raise questions and play devil’s advocate.
3. “What also chaps my ass, some of these churches, have the high horse that they get on and say ‘we as a church do not believe in that.’ Which one of these motherfuckers talked to God, and God said that same-sex marriage was a no-can-do?” WWE wrestler “Stone Cold” Steve Austin is slightly opinionated about our right to marry.
4. The Daily Beast, with an editorial on why it’s flawed thinking to compare opposition to gay marriage to opposition to interracial marriage, written by a marriage equality supporter.
5. Buzzfeed has a deep dive “Inside Bryan Singer’s Wild Hollywood World,” which looks at the network of powerful, older gay men in Hollywood who surround themselves with beautiful young men. An interesting issue raised is whether there’s a double standard going on here, considering there has been a similar scene in the entertainment industry with straight men and younger women as long as can be remembered. Singer is being sued for allegedly drugging and raping an underage boy in the late 90s.
(photo via Us Magazine)