1. More than 100 gay men have been arrested, and some killed, in Chechnya, according to a Russian newspaper report. Chechen leaders deny all allegations.
2. Homophobic police in Egypt are taking to the internet to find gay men to jail. Though homosexuality isn’t illegal, “debauchery” and prostitution are — which means nude photos uploaded and sent over the popular dating app Grindr could put a man in handcuffs.
3. Gilbert Baker, the man who designed the iconic rainbow flag symbolizing gay rights, passed away last Thursday.
4. It is never too late to become who you’re meant to be. For example, take a look at Patricia Davies: a World War II veteran who came out as transgender at the age of 90.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: J.J. Abrams and RuPaul announced a collaboration for a RuPaul biopic, detailing the Emmy winner’s move from Atlanta to New York and the coming of age era of the 1980s. A number of times, RuPaul told news outlets he never felt “RuPaul’s Drag Race” would go mainstream, but here he is in 2017 with the ninth season on a very mainstream channel, and his name quickly becoming household.