1. This week, Rep. Barbara Lee (D-California) and Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Florida) introduced a bill that would modernize HIV criminalization laws.
2. A psychiatrist on staff at Johns Hopkins misuses his position and peddles transphobia so much that it caused the hospital’s ranking to drop drastically in this year’s Health Equality Index, despite a recent announcement that Johns Hopkins would again offer gender affirmation surgery.
3. At 73, Barry Manilow is finally ready to discuss his sexuality. He said he waited decades to come out because he was afraid of disappointing his fans.
4. Several days ago, a gay couple was attacked in the Netherlands. Their fellow male citizens are protesting homophobia by holding hands, and the #allemannenhandinhand (all men, holding hands) hashtag is blowing up Twitter.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Twenty-five years after Madonna’s “Blond Ambition” tour hit the stage, Logo Documentary Films catches up with seven of her male dancers — six gay, one straight — who became icons for LGBT rights and sexual freedom.