1. A Brazilian Olympian said yes when proposed to by her partner after a rugby match at the Rio Olympics.
2. “They’re both motivated by anger. Anger at governmental neglect, essentially.” NBC News compares AIDS activists and Black Lives Matter activists.
3. “And where [better] to do that than in front of one of the most beautiful paintings in the world, ‘The Night Watch,’ by Rembrandt.” This trans model wore a dress made of flags of countries where homosexuality is illegal.
4. The Advocate looks at how Meryl Streep’s trans music teacher opened her eyes to LGBT acceptance.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: The latest installment of In The Closet with Jen and Niki tackles what it’s like to be raised by gay parents.