1. The Trump administration may be looking into rolling back guidelines related to transgender prisoners. A US Department of Justice filing indicates that the president plans to re-evaluate policies regarding the use of facilities that correspond to a prisoner’s gender identity.
2. And while we’re on the subject of backtracking, President Trump also wants to take back some healthcare protections for transgender Americans. He’s looking to remove a “controversial” anti-discrimination piece that’s part of the Affordable Care Act.
3. Paul Feinman is the first openly gay judge to be on New York’s state Court of Appeals. He was confirmed to the position in June, and today, we get to learn a little more about the man now holding this historic position.
4. In West Fargo, North Dakota, a librarian stands up to anti-LGBT sentiment by refusing to take down the library’s August display of books related to sexuality and gender identity.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Two teens in Kearney, Missouri, had their quotes removed from their senior yearbook — because they are gay, and the quotes addressed their sexualities.