1. Louisiana’s governor is battling to have LGBT protections put back into place in state law.
2. “There are no two sides to the story of white supremacy, neo-Nazism, and the other repugnant forms of hatred advanced by the hundreds of torchbearers who came to defend the statue of Confederate ‘hero’ Robert E. Lee. ” Michael Adams, CEO of SAGE, weighs in on the rallies in Charlottesville, Virginia, and what lessons we can learn about equality from our LGBT elders.
3. An Asheville, North Carolina, Jimmy John’s sandwich shop is in trouble after its manager wrote an anti-gay slur on a customer’s sandwich wrapper.
4. Well, whoops. In Australia, where the fight for marriage equality continues, the anti-same-sex-marriage folks accidentally adopted the Bisexual Pride flag as their logo.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Following the victory in Texas — the anti-transgender “bathroom bill” was shot down — trans activist Joaquin Castro shares a message.
— HumanRightsCampaign (@HRC) August 16, 2017