1. “We aren’t going to get into family arguments about the distribution of money. Work it out. We can’t get in the middle of this.” AP reports that the fund for the victims and family members of the Pulse shooting has reached $23 million, and the administrator of the funds is warning people about internal squabbling.
2. Quartz reports on the LGBT history being made at the Rio Olympics, starting with the first same-sex married couple competing in the games.
3. A gay couple in Kentucky claims their landlord (a city council member) evicted them saying she should’ve “never rented to the faggots.”
4. WaPo profiles Ava Benach, the transgender coach of Washington D.C.’s first all-girl baseball team.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Here’s the official trailer for out comic Tig Notaro’s upcoming Amazon series “One Mississippi,” premiering Sept. 9.