1. Openly gay British diver Tom Daley won bronze in synchronized diving alongside his diving partner Daniel Goodfellow on Monday in Rio. Americans David Boudia and Steele Johnson took silver and China took gold.
2. VICE looks into the case of Cameron Diggs’ white supremacist tattoos and comments and whether social media pressure will stop the gay porn industry from hiring racists.
3. More than 20 leading LGBT organizations have signed onto a letter urging the Big 12 Conference and its members not to consider BYU as a potential new conference member because of the school’s anti-LGBT policies.
4. Stop me if you’ve heard this before: an anti-gay politician has been caught in a sex scandal. This time it’s Stockton, California Mayor Anthony Silva, who was arrested for boozing and playing strip poker with teenagers, including a 16-year-old boy.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Did you catch that Nike ad starring trans duathlete Chris Mosier during the Olympics coverage Monday night? Here it is.