1. ThinkProgress predicts a rough ride for marriage equality advocates tomorrow as the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals hears several marriage equality cases coming out of Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee. If so, it would be the first marriage equality loss in court since the Supreme Court struck down a major section of the Defense of Marriage Act last June.
2. “Savvy 2016 candidates realize that this is not going to be a winning wedge issue.” POLITICO on how the pro-marriage equality group Freedom to Marry is making an aggressive pitch to under-30 Republicans to run as delegates to their party’s convention in 2016 to impact the party platform on LGBT issues.
3. The cast of the Netflix hit “Orange is the New Black,” including trans actress Laverne Cox and lesbian actress Lea Delaria, took over “Conan” last night.
4. “Don’t be afraid to question authority. That’s a key skill for a journalist — and it’s something that LGBT people are usually pretty good at.” The Advocate with a profile on gay statistician Nate Silver for their “40 Under 40” issue.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: A gay guy at a Penn State poetry reading delivers a funny, heartfelt spoken word poem about finding love.