1. Husbands Jim Glaub and Dylan Parker join forces with friends and neighbors each year in New York for a “Miracle on 22nd Street.” Their address was once mistakenly given out as that of Santa Claus, and the Miracle group spends Christmastime filling the wishes of hundreds of needy children in the city.
2. Joshua Vellum of Mississippi will be the first person charged with transgender murder under the 2009 Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act. Vallum allegedly murdered his ex-girlfriend, a transgender woman. He claims he would not have killed her had she not been transgender.
3. An excerpt of Bonnie J. Morris’ “The Disappearing L: Erasure of Lesbian Spaces and Culture” shares concern that although feminism and LGBT rights made great strides in the 20th and 21st centuries, an entire generation of activists and subculture is being lost, both in history and culture studies.
4. A gay couple was removed from a JetBlue flight after “harassing” first-daughter-elect Ivanka Trump and her husband. Trump supporters responded on social media with homophobic comments and the two reportedly took down social media accounts.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: LGBT social network Moovz invites us to celebrate all of the diversity this season. Happy Holidays, y’all.