1. A record-breaking 517 businesses earned perfect scores on the Human Rights Campaign’s 2017 Corporate Equality Index, which was released Monday. That’s a single-year jump of more than 25 percent, the largest increase in the 15-year history of the benchmarking tool for LGBT workplace equality.
2. President-elect Trump has tapped Sleepy Ben Carson to run the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The anti-LGBT Carson has equated marriage equality with bestiality, opposes LGBT anti-discrimination laws, opposes laws that ban so-called “conversion therapy,” and has asserted that being LGBT is a choice.
3. Maine’s men’s basketball team wore rainbow warm-ups before their game Sunday against Duke in a protest against North Carolina’s anti-LGBT law HB2.
4. Singer and actress Mandy Moore (“This Is Us”) revealed that both of her two brothers are gay and that her mother left her father for a woman.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “Looking” star Murray Bartlett will appear as a love interest of a gay country singer on the upcoming season of “Nashville.” Here’s a promo.