1. An Ohio father is being charged with murder after stabbing his gender nonconforming child to death.
2. “My niece is a tremendous young lady. She’s a bright and accomplished student who earned her interview on the strength of her own skills and talents. However, I think it’s inconsiderate, hypocritical and rude for Charlie to accept the assistance of my sister, who has been out as a lesbian in the business community for more than 25 years, while at the very same time undermining the types of protections and benefits she and her family enjoy.” The brother of anti-LGBT Arkansas state Rep. Charlie Collins comes out against the state’s LGBT rights ban.
3. WaPo reports on a poll showing how a majority of conservatives consider opposition to same-sex marriage either “mostly” or “totally” unacceptable in a 2016 presidential candidate.
4. “I remember one young fella out on the road shouting, ‘You faggot Farrell.’ Colin went out and kicked the shite out of him. Honestly! The little size of him! He was a little terrier, but I…wasn’t.” Actor Colin Farrell’s openly gay brother Eamon on how he protected him from bullies when they were younger.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Openly gay comedian Billy Eichner’s latest edition of “Billy on the Street” features First Lady Michelle Obama and Big Bird (video above).