1. “It was embarrassing. It was humiliating … It’s just wrong.” A Detroit-area pediatrician has refused to care for a lesbian couple’s baby, citing her religious beliefs.
2. Two conservative groups have filed emergency petitions asking the Alabama Supreme Court to stop issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, adding to the confusion. As of Wednesday, 48 of Alabama’s 67 counties were issuing licenses to same-sex couples.
3. “He’s one of those people who, if he were on the Titanic, would not only have not climbed into a lifeboat but would have made sure people had drinks before they went down. He never forgets that this job is not about him. He is there to serve the president and the First Lady—period.” Vogue has an entertaining look inside the White House with gay Social Secretary Jeremy Bernard.
4. The case of a gay couple assaulted outside New York City’s Madison Square Garden in 2013 will be featured on Investigation Discovery’s one-hour special “Hate In America” premiering nationally on Monday, February 23 at 8 p.m.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Bisexual actor Alan Cumming calls on gay men to be celibate for one year in this knock against the FDA’s regulations that forbid sexually-active gay men from donating blood.