1. Donald Trump rescinded Obama’s guidance document regarding the right for transgender students to use school bathrooms that correspond to their gender identity. The Trump administration said this is something up to the states — not the federal government, and apparently not the individuals in questions.
2. Alabama’s state Senate and House may soon pass bills that would allow faith-based adoption agencies to turn away LGBT couples on religious grounds. Both chambers have similar bills working their way up the pipeline.
3. Meanwhile in Nebraska, legislation was filed to protect LGBT employees from workplace discrimination. According to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, about 70 percent of the state’s residents believe LGBT individuals need those expanded protections.
4. Roma Guy, one of the activists portrayed in Dustin Lance Black’s new miniseries “When We Rise,” hasn’t lost her spirit. She sat down for a Q&A with the San Francisco Bay Times this week to talk about life, the show, sexism, politics and more.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Transman Joaquin Carcaño of North Carolina is suing his state’s legislature about House Bill 2. Watch his story from ACLU of North Carolina: