1. Mack Beggs is a transgender young man from Texas. He just won the state’s wrestling championship — in the girls’ division. State law prohibits Beggs from competing in the boys’ division.
2. In addition to glitzy gowns and velvet blazers, stars rocked ampersand pins representing GLAAD and blue ribbons supporting ACLU at the Academy Awards last night.
3. Laverne Cox’s new show on CBS, “Doubt,” has been pulled after just two episodes aired. Network executives aren’t using the word “cancelled,” saying the show may return to the lineup at a later date.
4. The mastery of black, gay filmmaker Marlon Riggs, and why his work matter so much today: an op/ed.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Gay drama “Moonlight” took home several awards at the Oscars last night … including the biggest one of all. After a Steve Harvey-esque mix-up reading the wrong card, the cast and crew of “Moonlight” came onstage to claim their rightful moment of victory.