1. A heavily armed Coast Guard member who was allegedly obsessed with a co-worker is charged with gunning her down and seriously injuring her wife.
2. Secretary of State John Kerry has established an LGBT envoy post to advocate for rights across the world.
3. A new poll shows 81 percent of college freshmen support marriage equality.
4. “It’s safe to say that it will be the event of the season, or, a total shit show.” Actress/comedian Lea DeLaria (“Orange is the New Black”) is engaged.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Openly gay singer Sam Smith performs his hit song “Stay With Me” with a little help from Mary J. Blige at Sunday night’s Grammy Awards.