1. Big night on Sunday for transgender visibility at the Golden Globes. Amazon’s “Transparent,” about a family adjusting to the patriarch of the family coming out as trans, won for Best Comedy and Jeffrey Tambor won for Best Actor in a Comedy. Tambor dedicated the award to the trans community. Also out actor Matt Bomer picked up a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a TV Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture for his performance in HBO’s AIDS drama “The Normal Heart.”
2. The latest out of the Supreme Court amid their deliberating whether to take up a gay marriage case this term: the court declined to take a look at a case out of Louisiana. But there are still cases out of Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee that they could take on. The next update is expected as early as later this week.
3. “They destroyed our lives. God rescued us.” The 26 gay men who were arrested in a public bath and accused of debauchery and performing indecent public acts last month have been acquitted.
4. Gay character actor and comedian Taylor Negron (“Fast Times at Ridgemont High,” “The Last Boy Scout,” “Seinfeld”) passed away this weekend after a long battle with cancer.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: A healthcare ad campaign targeting same-sex couples debuted in Illinois.