1. The Feds reportedly spent about a half-million dollars studying gay hookup apps like Grindr to determine whether they increase the likelihood of engaging in risky sexual behavior.
2. America’s acceptance of gay people has plateaued, according to this Gallup poll.
3. The Atlantic on “Billy Crystal and useful homophobia.”
4. A collection of photos of 1970s gay subculture, via Queerty.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Remember the gay twins who tearfully came out to their father in that YouTube video? Ellen had the twins and their father on, and gave the twins a surprise gift of course. (h/t Towleroad)