1. The U.S. Supreme Court needs to rule broadly on marriage equality or it risks “encouraging state-level obstruction” similar to what happened after the Brown v. Board of Education ruling on school integration says Garrett Epps in The Atlantic.
2. “Could you be a church in Selma and not march, just handle your own community? I don’t think I can do that.” GracePointe, the Nashville-area evangelical megachurch, comes out for marriage equality.
3. The White House petition “Leelah’s Law” banning gay conversion therapy has reached the 100,000 signature goal needed to be reviewed by the Obama administration, who will then issue an official response. The petition is named for Leelah Alcorn, the transgender teenager who killed herself last December.
4. AdWeek says, “You know gay ads have gone mainstream when even Hallmark is making them.”
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Neil Patrick Harris teases his upcoming NBC variety series, coming this fall.