1. Smoking has reportedly overtaken HIV as the biggest health risk to the LGBT community.
2. “You are not a black woman, and you do not get to claim either blackness or womanhood. There is a clear line between appreciation and appropriation.” University of Mississippi senior Sierra Mannie’s TIME op-ed, “Dear White Gays: Stop Stealing Black Female Culture,” is making waves.
3. “Let me say something before we get off the gay thing. I don’t want my views misunderstood. I am the most tolerant person on that of anybody in this shop. They have a problem. They’re born that way. You know that. That’s all.” More of President Richard Nixon’s White House tapes have been cleaned up and transcribed, revealing scads of new insights into the man’s mind.
4. Homophobic crackhead Toronto Mayor Rob Ford casts the only “no” vote on a proposal to help the city’s LGBT homeless youth.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Tennis legend Martina Navratilova shares her coming out story.