1. “This intolerance in the name of tolerance is hypocrisy. Support for the definition of marriage as one man and one woman is not anti-gay, it is pro-traditional marriage.” Potential 2016 presidential candidate and Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio said in a speech yesterday at Catholic University that people are being intolerant towards those who are against marriage equality.
2. This could get interesting. A California appeals court judge has ruled that John Travolta can no longer prevent former employee and alleged former gay lover Douglas Gotterba from spilling secrets about their relationship. Up until now, Travolta’s legal team has found a way to silence numerous alleged former gay lovers of the actor.
3. According to a new study on gay addicts, gay men and women in addiction treatment are three times more likely than heterosexuals to have suffered sexual abuse, twice as likely to have reported physical and emotional abuse, and three times more likely to have been admitted to detox and to have multiple inpatient addiction treatments.
4. George Takei pitched a gay storyline to “Star Trek” creator Gene Roddenberry but Roddenberry wouldn’t go for it.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Oxford University’s a cappella group Out of the Blue gets just a wee bit sassy performing a mash-up of Shakira songs.