1. “We think it’s time for the FDA to take a serious look at its policy, because it’s out of step with peer countries, it’s out of step with modern medicine, it’s out of step with public opinion, and we feel it may be legally problematic.” A team of medical and legal experts write an article in the Journal of the American Medical Association urging the FDA to drop the lifetime ban on gay men giving blood. The AMA announced their opposition to the ban last July and have been vocal about it ever since.
2. “One term for talking trash about someone is ‘throwing’ this, like a big elm tree might do.” Jeopardy got weird this week, includes “shade” as an answer—excuse me, as a question. My bad, Alex.
3. “In the end, I think you’ll see that it’s all very much the same — except take note — the pronouncement may likely be: I now pronounce you wife and wife!” WaPo with a column fielding a reader question about going to his first gay wedding.
4. Model Andreja Pejić comes out as a trans woman.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Check out this trailer for “We Came To Sweat: The Legend of Starlite,” a documentary about the demise of Brooklyn’s oldest black gay bar.