1. Vox on how the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which was signed into law 50 years ago today, could protect LGBT workers now.
2. We don’t often get to write the words “People are furious over Burger King’s Gay Pride Whopper,” so if given a reason, you’re damn right we will.
3. Salon wonders if the Supreme Court granted an anti-LGBT loophole with Monday’s Hobby Lobby decision.
4. The Guardian wonders why so many LGBT-themed movies stay stuck in the past.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: In honor of the 4th of July, here’s big, gay version of Katy Perry’s “Firework.” Thanks for reading 5 LGBT Things and GA Voice everyone and have a safe and happy holiday weekend!