1. Equal Love Melbourne plans to stage a mass same-sex wedding protest on Aug. 26 in support of marriage equality.
2. Does the Western world’s acceptance of LGBT individuals have anything to do with how poorly LGBT Iraqis are treated in their home country? An opinion piece from The Advocate discusses the subject.
3. A Provo, Utah, LGBT youth center wasn’t allowed to take part in the city’s July 4 parade because it was considered an “advocacy” organization.
4. New York will soon have LGBT-specific living facilities for seniors.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research, just launched its Epic Voices video series, which features five people living with HIV or AIDS candidly sharing their life experiences. Here’s the story of Teo Drake, a transgender man living with HIV: