1. The US Food and Drug Administration approved a generic form of Truvada, the Gilead Sciences’ “blockbuster” antiretroviral. However, due to patent expiration and other factors, it could be years before the generic drug hits the market.
2. Congressional leader Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colorado) just announced he’s running for governor. If he wins, he’ll be the first openly gay person in the country to be elected to that office.
3. That handy new little Pride button Facebook debuted this month is being put to good use by trolls on a Republican politician’s page.
4. Some members of the LGBT community are all “Babashook”-up about the horror character Babadook becoming a gay icon. For your enjoyment (and a fabulous Pride Babadook cosplay), sit down to scroll.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Watch as artist Megan Geckler and Human Rights Campaign erects a massive art installation to honor the victims of Pulse, and pay tribute to the resulting unity of both Orlando and the worldwide LGBT community.