1. “They instill values like hard work and integrity, and teach their kids to take responsibility for themselves and those around them. This is a task for every father — whether married or single, gay or straight, natural or adoptive — and every child deserves someone who will step up and fill this role.” President Obama gives a shout-out to gay dads in his Father’s Day address yesterday.
2. The Advocate has a feature on the gay parents involved in the various marriage equality lawsuits criss-crossing the nation, including Shane Thomas and Michael Bishop from the Georgia case.
3. After last week’s tense exchange between Hillary Clinton and NPR’s Terry Gross over gay marriage, MSNBC follows up with “The gay marriage question Hillary Clinton should answer.”
4. Levi’s has come out with a line of Pride gear to mark LGBT Pride month.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Allstate is out with a beautiful, powerful new ad featuring a gay couple. This is the way to start off the week!