1. An Alabama state appeals court has struck down part of a state sexual misconduct law that banned consensual oral and anal sex, a law that the court determined was aimed at criminalizing the activities of the gay community. Alabama is one of a dozen states that have laws prohibiting consensual gay sex.
2. A Pittsburgh police officer was caught on tape grabbing a teenage girl by the hair and punching her repeatedly at gay Pride. Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto has launched an investigation into the incident.
3. A new gay marriage version of the “Father of the Bride” movies is reportedly in the works, with this one focusing on Matty (portrayed in the 90s versions of the movies by Kieran Culkin), who is now 29 and engaged to a man. Original reports had Steve Martin returning, but Martin took to Twitter saying he hadn’t seen a script or been offered the role yet.
4. “If opponents of gay rights are supposed to be retreating into oblivion, they missed the memo.” The Daily Beast on “Red America’s Anti-Gay Backlash.”
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Break out the tissue. This marriage proposal from a Portland couple is going to get ya.