1. Two important pieces of research for y’all to take a look at this morning. According to the Public Religion Research Institute, about six in 10 Americans believes that transgender individuals, gays and lesbians are discriminated against (that same number also corresponds to the number of Americans who support same-sex marriage). And Gallup just found that about 10 percent of LGBT Americans are married to a same-sex spouse.
2. Contrary to what Census Bureau officials said earlier this year, collecting federal data on LGBT Americans is necessary — a letter from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, sent last summer, explains the need.
3. Savannah, 12, is Mormon. Though she came out to her family last summer, it was only recently that she came out to her Mormon congregation. CNN reports her story.
4. Jordan Dashaw, policy coordinator for Human Rights Campaign, writes for The Advocate on the importance of Title IX as it relates to LGBT survivors of sexual assault.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Gay British actor Stephen Fry’s comedic novel “The Hippopotamus” is now a full-length film!