1. The Human Rights Campaign has officially adopted the use of the term “LGBTQ.”
2. “We should deal with this issue the same way we’d want it dealt with if it was our child. And that is to try to create an environment of some dignity and kindness for these kids. And that’s sort of the bottom line.” President Obama at a PBS townhall event this week when asked why the issue of which bathroom a person uses is so important.
3. The Department of Veteran Affairs has proposed lifting the ban on gender affirmation surgery for trans vets.
4. Select packages of Pepperidge Farm’s Goldish crackers will feature rainbow-colored fish to commemorate Pride month.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Amy Schumer and Seth Rogen show Bud Light’s support for marriage equality in this new ad.