1. A lesbian couple have been found murdered in Houston. The bodies of Britney Crosby and Crystal Jackson, both 24, were found next to a dumpster at a grocery store. Detectives believe they were killed elsewhere before being moved, and they will not yet say whether the case is being considered a hate crime.
2. The Atlantic looks into recent poll numbers on same-sex marriage for their article, “The South’s Stunning Embrace of Gay Marriage.” They cite the generation gap, the “friends and family effect,” and greater regard for separation of church and state as reasons for changing opinions.
3. From our This Really Happens department, South Carolina Republican Rep. Garry Smith has proposed funding cuts totaling about $70,000 to the College of Charleston and the University of South Carolina Upstate because they assigned students reading material with gay themes. Apparently it’s a slow year in the South Carolina legislature.
4. “The right to marry is a fundamental right that should apply regardless of sexual orientation.” Closing arguments were heard Friday in the federal lawsuit challenging Michigan’s same-sex marriage ban. The judge is expected to make a ruling within two weeks.
5. “Five months ago, Grandpa Jim told me that he is gay.” This is a sweet story about a gay Seattle man who is memorializing his gay grandfather, a Baptist pastor and WWII veteran, through art.
(screenshot via YouTube)