1. Sneaky sneaky! The Oklahoma state House has approved legislation that would shift the issuance of marriage licenses from the state to members of the clergy. The bill’s sponsor denies that it’s a response to a federal judge’s decision to strike down the state’s same-sex marriage ban. Mmmhmm. The bill now goes over to the Senate for consideration.
2. The Florida state House quietly approved a bill amendment that would remove the state’s gay adoption ban Tuesday. The full bill still needs a House vote but it reportedly has wide support. Then it would go to the Senate and Gov. Rick Scott for final approval.
3. “I would appreciate it if everyone took a minute to think what if this was your child. What if this child came to you and said mommy I’m not a boy I’m a girl in here – nobody can see me for who I am.” The mother of a trans girl speaks up for her daughter at a public forum in a New York school district. The topic was the girl’s use of the girls’ bathroom and locker room.
4. The Star Wars universe is getting its first gay character.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “You want to make sure that your imperfections are about as visible as the bi community.” YouTuber Amy Geliebter brings you her “bisexual makeup tutorial.”