1. The CDC reports a very rare case of female-to-female HIV transmission in Houston.
2. The Economist has a report on the quickly changing views on homosexuality in Lebanon.
3. You might want to tip back a Sam Adams this weekend. The popular Boston beermaker is pulling its sponsorship of the city’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade because organizers will not allow a gay veterans group to march.
4. Vox.com editor in chief Ezra Klein defends his hiring of anti-gay apologist Brandon Ambrosino.
5. Gaming website IGN has a great story up on why more LGBT characters are needed in video games, and what progress has been made recently on the issue. Gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry and can be easily overlooked as a major media source with a lot of influence.
(photo via Boston.com)