1. A recently passed nondiscrimination ordinance extending protections to LGBT people in Charlotte has spurred the entire state legislature into a special session. Lawmakers will spend $42,000 per day to act before the law goes into effect April 1.
2. Fayetteville councilman John La Tour is being accused of confronting a woman he assumed was transgender and threatening to wave his penis at her at a crowded restaurant. La Tour demanded that the woman “choose a gender.”
3. Marcela Owens, 17, of Seattle, Washington has come out as transgender. Owens became widely known as the “Obamacare kid” for her Affordable Care Act advocacy following the death of her mother.
4. Are you using dating apps? Gay Star News has a bit of advice when it comes to five things you shouldn’t include in your app profile.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: An innocent peck on the lips between “Empire” star Jussie Smollett and co-creator Lee Daniels at last weekend’s HRC Gala in Los Angeles has set the internet rumor mill ablaze. For the record: Daniels has a partner but it’s not Smollett.