1. The potential for including LGBT-related questions about sexual orientation and gender identity on the US Census is all but gone after the Census Bureau admitted those questions were “inadvertently” listed for inclusion. LGBT advocates see it as another move by the Trump administration to “erase” the community.
2. Trump also continued his trend of gutting Obama’s executive orders, yesterday taking off the table an order that provided workplace protections for federal contract employees. “The Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Order” was signed in 2014 and required companies that received large federal contracts show they had at least three years complying with federal laws related to discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
3. A group of Catholic nuns invested in India’s first school for transgender students — but social stigma, among other factors, hinder its success.
4. “Supernatural” star Jared Padalecki and his wife just welcomed their third child, Odette Elliott. In celebration of her birth, the couple decided to hold a fundraiser for the baby shower, selling leather heart tags with proceeds benefitting Planned Parenthood and Human Rights Campaign.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Lady Gaga celebrated her birthday yesterday, so we’re celebrating by sharing her latest audio — the Andrelli remix version of her song “Million Reasons.”