1. Same-sex marriage officially became legal in the United Kingdom at 12:01 a.m. Saturday morning, and Buzzfeed has a photo gallery up featuring midnight marriages and celebrations across the city of London.
2. All Mississippi local news anchor Dave Elliott wanted was a weekend without hearing from the gays. Unfortunately, he let that be known on his Facebook page, so yeah…he heard a lot from the gays this weekend.
3. Speaking of social media dustups, Twitter lit up upon the announcement by Mozilla (maker of the popular Firefox web browser) that they have promoted Brendan Eich to be chief executive. As a result, Eich’s donation to the 2008 anti-gay marriage initiative Prop 8 was resurrected, and the company is going through internal strife over the issue.
4. WaPo’s Jonathan Capehart on how legalizing gay marriage would strengthen the state of black families.
5. “I wouldn’t change him for the world — the things that make him special, the traits that are my favorite about him, he’s that way because he’s gay and I would never ever trade those things. The way he is and the beauty of his soul is because he’s gay.” A Mormon mother talks about what happened when her 13-year-old son came out.
(photo via Metro)