1. Paul Burrell, butler of the late Princess Diana, recently came out. He said Diana is the only one who knew. Butler is set to marry his boyfriend next month in a circus-themed wedding.
2. Tokyo, Japan, officials announced the 2020 Olympics will be home to gender-neutral toilets. Daredemo toire, or “everybody’s toilets” as they’re called, aren’t new to Japan, but they’ve traditionally been designed for wheelchair access. At least one such porcelain throne will be in seven of the 11 Olympic areas thus far.
3. New Zealand artist Pati Solomona Tyrell’s latest project? Floor-to-ceiling photographs featuring LGBT individuals from the South Pacific.
4. Meet Greg Owen, the 36-year-old homeless man who helped London’s HIV diagnosis rate drop by 40 percent. His incredible story was captured this week by Buzzfeed UK LGBT.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Brandi Burgess is the daughter of Alabama conservative radio talk show host Rick Burgess (of the “Rick and Bubba Show”). Today, she talks with Human Rights Campaign about what it was like coming out as bisexual, and having her father come out against her on his very public show.