1. “We’re just beginning to see this, and we will see a lot more in the midterms. It will be an incredible shift by the time we get to the (presidential) election in 2016.” The AP takes a look at how coming out in support of LGBT rights is now favoring Democrats at the polls.
2. On what would have been his 84th birthday Thursday, Harvey Milk had a stamp dedicated in his honor at the White House. Rep. John Lewis was among the attendees.
3. The Daily Beast explains why Cam and Mitch’s marriage on “Modern Family” is “a landmark moment in the marriage equality movement.”
4. “Some feel that ‘once a homo, always a homo.’ Our tendency to ‘lean over backwards’ to rule against a homosexual is simply a manifestation of the revulsion which homosexuality inspires in the normal person.” The New York Times with a story on recently uncovered papers showing past government efforts to drive gays from jobs.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “Oh I don’t mean ‘straight’ in a heterophobic way…I just mean ya know, ‘dumb’ and stupid.’” Comedian Daniel-Ryan Spaulding takes on “If gay guys said the shit straight people say.”