1. “Life is too short to have the force of government stand in the way of two adults whose pursuit of happiness includes marriage.” Republican congressman Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania cites conversations with his wife and three teenage children in leading him to announce his support for marriage equality.
2. Houston’s city council approved an LGBT-inclusive equal rights ordinance, making them the last major city in Texas to enact such an ordinance.
3. Here’s your compelling headline of the day, from POLITICO: “Gay marriage will destroy the GOP.”
4. Donald Sterling, the embattled L.A. Clippers owner who is facing a lifetime ban from the NBA for repeated racist comments, is pulling Orlando Magic owner Rich DeVos into his mess, saying there is a double standard involved in his banishment considering DeVos “has made highly controversial comments against individuals with HIV/AIDS and generously supports anti-homosexual causes with impugnity (sic).”
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: “I am comfortable with myself, and my life is amazing in that respect.” Red hot singer Sam Smith came out in a Fader cover story, saying his breakout album In The Lonely Hour is all about a guy he fell in love with last year who didn’t love him back. Here’s one of his biggest hits, no doubt about that unrequited love, “Stay With Me.”