1. Texas lawmakers have introduced bills to strike down the state’s same-sex marriage ban.
2. “First, straights came for the smooth, pretty gay look recustomized as ‘the metrosexual,’ and now you have come for our hairier brethren. What else would you like? What else can we give you? You’ve taken it all. All our cutting asides and repartee, design expertise, gym dedication, fitted shirts, food knowledge, high and low culture snarking, gift-buying nous, and our smarts (“She’s such a drama queen”)—straight culture has gobbled gay culture as ravenously as Cookie Monster atomizes baked dough.” Ladies and gentlemen, the lumbersexual.
3. Mother Jones notes that the anti-gay National Organization for Marriage is celebrating the election of pro-marriage equality candidates.
4. “As Christians we’re called to be good stewards of god’s money…and apps like 2nd Vote and Faith-Driven Consumer help shoppers do exactly that. Let’s face it, money talks and corporate America is listening.” Family Research Council president Tony Perkins hints at Apple boycott after CEO Tim Cook’s coming out.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Did you see the video of the “ex-gay” guy claiming to his Missouri mega-church that he’s no longer gay? Yeah, there’s a gospel remix for that.