1. House Speaker Paul Ryan joined numerous Republican leaders calling on anti-LGBT U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore to drop out of the race as allegations of sexual assault on minors and young women continue to pile up. Beverly Young Nelson, now 56, is the latest alleged victim, saying that Moore sexually assaulted her when she was 16 and Moore was nearly twice her age.
2. Hate crimes rose for the second straight year in 2016, with increases in attacks motivated by bias against LGBT people, blacks, Jews and Muslims, according to FBI statistics released Monday. The Anti-Defamation League said police departments underreport such crimes to the FBI.
3. No more “ladies and gentlemen.” The New York City subway and bus announcements are now gender neutral.
4. Don’t miss this AP story on how cities and towns across the country are passing LGBT rights resolutions and ordinances in states (and, now, a country thanks to the Trump administration) where such gains are stalled.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: British honey company Rowse Honey riffs on the Goldilocks fairy tale with this ad featuring three gay bears.