1. A Baltimore federal judge has ordered a halt to Donald Trump’s proposed transgender military ban. U.S. District Judge Marvin J. Garbis wrote pointedly in his ruling that the “capricious, arbitrary, and unqualified tweet of new policy does not trump the methodical and systematic review by military stakeholders qualified to understand the ramifications of policy.”
2. Grindr, known primarily as a hook-up app for gay men, is attempting to be more gender-inclusive. A new field in the app lets users fill out their own gender identity or pick from a list that includes “trans man,” “woman,” “cis man,” “non-binary,” “non-conforming” and “queer.” Users can also select or write in preferred pronouns.
3. It’s wedding bells for “True Blood” star Rutina Wesley and her girlfriend, known only as Chef Shonda. The 38-year-old actress, now the lead on the Oprah Winfrey Network show “Queen Sugar,” announced the engagement on Instagram. Wesley was previously married to actor Jacob Fishel from 2005-2014.
4. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved Juluca, the first complete treatment regimen containing only two drugs to treat certain adults with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) instead of three or more drugs included in standard HIV treatment.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: The insightful documentary short “Trans Youth.,” created by trans activist and filmmaker Jake Craf to coincide with Trans Remembrance Week.