1. Long-simmering racial tensions in Philadelphia’s gayborhood have reached a boil after the release of a video clip in which a club owner repeatedly utters a racial slur, leading to calls for action, including the replacement of Philadelphia’s liaison to LGBT residents.
2. A new U.S. government report shows that LGB adults have higher rates of drug abuse and mental illness than straight people but are more likely than straight people to seek treatment for those issues.
3. “Thank you for removing yourself from my life! I am who God made me to be. I cannot change my sexual orientation and nor would I want to. I now have internal peace and happiness unlike ever before.” This gay man schools the Texas church that kicked him out for being in a relationship.
4. “It just kind of crept up on me when I wasn’t looking. I’d always been the Boy. And then I looked in the mirror and was like, OK—I’m the Daddy… I’m bigger now, I’ve got more of a beer belly. Growing a beard put me over the top on that one.” VICE chronicles a gay man’s journey from boy to daddy.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Meet a gay couple for Trump at an Ohio rally.