1. “God is not afraid of new things.” Pope Francis in remarks Sunday as bishops ended a two-week conference by rejecting historic changes in regards to the Catholic church’s stands towards homosexuality and divorce. Francis also called on the church to adapt to “changing conditions of society.”
2. “There are no GAY scenes. There are scenes with people in them. If you are suddenly discovering that Shondaland shows have scenes involving people who are gay, you are LATE TO THE PARTY. If u use the phrase ‘gay scenes’, u are not only LATE to the party but also NOT INVITED to the party. Bye Felicia. #oneLOVE.” Shonda Rhimes fires back at a Twitter user who criticized her for the “gay scenes” in her shows “Scandal” and “How To Get Away With Murder.”
3. Gay rights activist explains why he is raising $150,000 to cover the punitive fine that two Oregon bakery owners received for refusing to bake a cake for a lesbian couple’s wedding.
4. A collection of photos from documentary photographer Vincent Cianni’s five-years-in-the-making project “Gays in the Military.”
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Trailer for the new documentary “The Red Umbrella Diaries” that profiles seven New Yorkers who work in the sex trade. A gay man and trans woman are among those in the group.