1. California’s Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill known as the “LGBT Seniors Bill of Rights,” protecting older adults against discrimination in long-term care facilities. Roughly 2 million Americans 50 or older identify as LGBT.
2. In a landmark decision, the Botswana High Court ruled in favor of a transgender man, allowing him to change his government identification to reflect his gender after a 10-year legal battle.
3. Cambridge University announced that transgender women can now openly apply for a place in the female-only Murray Edwards College.
4. The Internet guitarist and solo artist Steve Lacy controversially came out in an online fan Q&A, stating that he’s open to dating both men and women – but claimed no interest in other black men.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: RuPaul’s Drag Race alumni in the promo for their Viceland series, “The Trixie & Katya Show,” premiering November 15th.