1. “Their moralizing is selective, bigoted and very sad. It’s also self-defeating, because it’s souring many American Catholics, a majority of whom approve of same-sex marriage, and because the workers who’ve been exiled were often exemplars of charity, mercy and other virtues as central to Catholicism as any guidelines for sex. But their hearts didn’t matter. It was all about their loins. Will the church ever get away from that?” The New York Times’ Frank Bruni on the Catholic church’s gay “obsession.”
2. “I don’t want to be labeled gay, I want to be a human who loves humans. I’m tired of being labeled, I’m an American. I’m not an African-American; I’m an American.” Actress Raven-Symone tells Oprah her thoughts on labels.
3. Plaintiffs in a Texas marriage equality case are asking a federal appeals court to speed things up because one of them is expecting.
4. Wish Nickelodeon was like this when we were kids. Nick News is running a half-hour special about coming out Tuesday night.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Two gay dads tell the beautiful story of how they met and adopted their daughter in this Canadian Cheerios ad.