1. Heartwarming trend alert: more and more straight couples are asking potential wedding venues about their same-sex wedding policies so they don’t offend their LGBT friends and family members by supporting venues that discriminate.
2. “My life would be ten times easier if I identified as gay instead of bi.” YouTuber R.J. Aguiar’s rant on biphobia goes viral.
3. “It’s just about being yourself. That’s what I want to do, inspire people. I want everyone to know no matter what body you’re in or what mind set you have, being you is the best feeling in the world. No matter what.” A transgender teen girl was crowned homecoming princess in Colorado Springs—the home of Focus on the Family and the National Association of Evangelicals.
4. “Is this your fucking boyfriend?” A group of people violently attacked two gay men in Philadelphia Thursday night after confirming that they were a couple. One victim has been released from the hospital and the second underwent surgery Sunday morning to fix two shattered cheekbones and a fractured jaw. The assailants are still at large.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: Watch the trailer for HBO’s upcoming documentary, “Hunted: The War Against Gays in Russia,” narrated by gay actor Matt Bomer (“Magic Mike,” “The Normal Heart”) and premiering Oct. 6.