1. A Tumblr page titled “I’m the NY bomber” that claimed to be from a gay man upset over social justice issues has been deemed a hoax. 28-year-old Ahmad Khan Rahami has been taken into custody and is being questioned about the blast that injured at least 29 people in Chelsea and a separate explosion reported earlier Saturday in Seaside Park, New Jersey.
2. Religion News Services looks at what a gay Christian rocker’s woes tell us about American Christianity.
3. “A few Anzac years ago you bought me a beer, as a 20 plus veteran with two tours of Vietnam. if you did it now I would tip the bloody thing over your head. The typical homophobic, they must be pedophiles. So it is alright for old men like me to try and find a younger women but not a Gay man.” Don’t miss this father of a gay son’s response to an anti-gay politician.
4. Gay dating app SCRUFF surveyed users to find out the four most LGBT-friendly destinations in the US.
5. VIDEO OF THE DAY: It was a great night for LGBT people (and people of color) at the Emmys last night. Trans ally Jeffrey Tambor won for lead actor in a comedy and called on Hollywood to hire more trans actors, Kate McKinnon won for supporting actress in a comedy, Ryan Murphy and Sarah Paulson won for “The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story” and more. Here’s Jill Soloway’s acceptance speech for “Transparent,” where she addressed violence against trans women and called on people to “topple the patriarchy.”